The Districts


Our apartments are located mainly in the neighborhoods of the Old City, Grimaldi and the Promenade des Anglais. They allow you to combine travel, work and pleasure during your stay in the capital of the French Riviera. You will appreciate our apartments for their immediate proximity to the sea, the Promenade des Anglais, the historic center and the bus and tram.

LE VIEUX PORT


A little history:
The Port’s construction was started in 1749 under the direction of the military engineer Antonio-Felice Devincenti ( Turin , 1690-1778) that enlarged and digged the swampy lake of the Lympia River . Open to the navigation in November 1751, extended and swept until 1761. In 1770, the first basin is finished. Engineer Filippo Nicolis Comte of Robilante undertakes to dig the interior basin but the port will remain incomplete, without embankment. It is only in 1880 that it will reach its last measurements; its finishions are from the beginning of the century. Various enlarging concerning the before-port, around 1975, allowed it to welcome the biggest ferries, improving the links with Corsica (more than 500 000 passengers per year). To the Top end, it is surrounded by the place Island of Beauty edged with buildings with red front and bas-reliefs and balconies. To the west, the Magpie-Astraudo house is from 1844-50; to the East, the one of honored Malbequi of 1885-90; they are around the N. church - D. of the Port finished in 1853 (architect Jules Febvre), repairing identicaly after the damages of the war.
Inside one will especially notice the Path of Cross, paintings that are not signed but probably from Emmanuel Costa. The monument to the deaths is a huge building raised at the memory of the 4000 “Niçois” that died for France during the Big War.

Today:
The port of Nice Finds today its vocation in the maritime transportation of luxury tanks for cruises. It is the starting point of the ferries for Corsica as well as for the Mediterranean cruises.

GARIBALDI


A little history:
Lympia is located in the Est part of the Port of Nice , with its classical houses. You’ll see a small building with a dock. It was the Hole. Built in the beginning of the XIXth century it was the place where people were forced to work on the galleys. Today, for the locals, word gallery means jail.

Today:
Directorate Rue Bonaparte and Place du Pin in Nice, a neighborhood that knows a craze for almost five years ...
became the epicenter of the gay community, the neighborhood, which is now known as "The Little Marais Nice" in allusion to the Parisian gay area, its businesses and its people, has become a cosmopolitan place. Old People and industrial district, the area adjacent to the Port of Nice and a few hundred meters from Piazza Garibaldi was somewhat shunned by tourists and locals. It took the arrival of the tram in 2007 and the development of Place du Pin (semi-pedestrianization, paving, new street furniture) for this little piece of Nice city emerges. But the popularity of this new district is about more than its renovation. Indeed, precursors such as Sapore, the Thyjeff's and Malabar, which are located respectively in 2002, 2005 and 2009, have paved the way for other trendy bars, gourmet restaurants and avant-garde concept stores. Gradually, establishments that display the logo gay-friendly "Nice a natural iridescence" (reference to the rainbow flag, rallying the gay community) open their doors. Nothing is missing:
bars, snack bars, restaurants, hairdressers, florists, etc. Usual convenience stores revet a chic and trendy look. The LGBT Centre (Lesbian-Gay-Bi-Trans) Riviera was inaugurated in May 2011 by the Mayor Mr. Christian Estrosi. A real involvement of public authorities in making capital of the Riviera a destination "gay friendly". Tus summer since 2011, the LGBT Centre organizes on the role of Dolly Pins Street: a successful street party, with 4000 participants. Now it is in this area of social and cultural diversity as it goes: relaxing break, lunch, trendy aperitifs, evenings "hot" and uninhibited ... A festive and friendly place full of tolerance and respect.

LA VIEILLE VILLE


Located on the west side and at the foot of the castle hill, this is the historical heart and tourist Nice. The Vieia Vila or Old Nice was founded in the fifteenth century, when the ducal power of Savoy decided to make the castle a huge stronghold. Between buildings and specific locations of Old Nice, we find the courthouse, the Palace of the Dukes of Savoy or the Palace of the King of Sardinia, the town hall, Rusca barracks and the Clock Tower, the Tower St. Francis, Palazzo Lascaris, the cathedral of Santa Reparata, the chapel of Mercy situated on the Cours Saleya, home to the flower market, many Baroque churches such as the Church of Jesus and the Opera .

GRIMALDI – PROMENADE DES ANGLAIS


Ideally located in the city center, Piazza Grimaldi allows both work and pleasure during your stay in the capital of the French Riviera. appreciate the proximity to the Promenade des Anglais and the Old City, to the bus and Tram.
Today, the Promenade des Anglais is one of the places that you must visit in Nice. E 'became a meeting place for all fans of skating. enjoying a light offshore breeze almost constant, is a privileged place for jogging and cycling.
In addition to numerous events (Carnival of Nice, battle of flowers, etc.) the Promenade was known for its "blue chairs" and pergolas, which favored the idleness "Mediterranean" and the contemplation of the Bay of Angels.

MASSENA


A little history:
At the jonction between the Old Nice, the “Promenade des Anglais”, th shopping center and the tourisc city, spreads one of the most famous element of the urbanism of Nice, the PLACE MASSENA, settled by a local wish in 1832. Plans of a place edged with buildings and arcades were drown, inspired of those on the Rue de Rivoli in Paris . Finished in 1850, it is dedicated it to Masséna in 1852; it will receive complements of detail until 1860. In 1979 for the benefit of the Place Masséna, they distroyed a set of disgracious b uildings for the happy realization of greenery path and basins, waterfalls, finished in 1983. It allowed one to discover the entire Old Nice and the mountain while joining Garden Albert 1st to the parklands of the Paillon. The Leclerc square follows, where rises the monument of Masséna , piece of work of Albert Quarryman-Belleuse (1869). North side, elegant buildings on arcades are made out of the famous red pompéien, and to the East, a very beautiful perspective toward the hills with a Tuscan charm.

Today:
Besides the famous MAMAC Museum of modern and Contemporary Art (Promenade des Arts - Tel.: 04.93.62.61.62) with one of the most beautiful collection of Modern art of Europe (Works of Arman, Yves Klein and Martial Raysse. The Internationale of Nice is hightly represented with Ben, Serge III, Filliou. Pop American Art with Louis, Olitski, Poons, Noland, Stella; School of Nice with Ben, Chubac, Farhi, Flexner, Gilli, Malaval, Pagès, Pinoncelli, Rottier, Serge III, Sosno, Venet, Verdet and later, Angel, House, Pedinielli…) You can also admire the very surprising Library Louis Nucéra, 2 place Yves Klein and its famous squared head, inaugurated in June 2002. Built by architect Sacha SOSNO, it became the Cultural Reflection of the new city .

LES MUSICIENS


A little history:
It’s located between the SNCF railway station in the North with a great amount of tourists, and the city center in the South. It is one of the most animated district of the city with its surprising buildings that were built when the railroad took off last century. It is also a residential area extremely well located, near all transports, parks and great standarts buildings.

Today:
The SNCF city station has 20 daily links from the biggest French cities and 11 regular link from foreign cities.
The Clemenceau district is near all transports, parks and great standarts building. You will also discover Jean Medecin Avenue : it is one of the shopping area of the city. It is located on an avenue The NOTRE-DAME BASILICA built between 1864 and 1868. The biggest church of Nice is the first modern religious building, built in the heart of the new city after its unification with France(the architect. C. Lenormand).
To two steps from the Russian district, Rue Gounod hides a small curiosity. As a matter of Fact, LENIN stayed in the Hotel Penson L’OASIS as well as Anton Tchékhov, Saltykov-Chtchédrine and Vladimir Nemirovitch-Dantchenko.

LES FLEURS


A little history:
This hill finds its notoriatyin the middle of the 19th century with the construction of various buildings, also called "Castle" by rich inhabitants of Nice or tourists wishing to make themselves built "a small madness". Dominated by The CASTLE of the OLLIÈRES, former residence of prince Lobanov-Rostowsky and since transformed in Hotel-Museum and the superb Castle The Tower, finished in 1879 with a neo-Gothic silhouette, (it mixes troubadours and mauresque decors), this new district is a privileged place of prestigious residences, in the greenery, with an exceptional view on the sea. All this only 10mn walk from the big blue.

Today:
The museum of “Les Beaux Arts” settled in 1928 in the sumptuous home constructed in 1878 by princess Kotschoubey where you will rediscover master pieces of the Seicento, sumptuous portraits of the Vanloos dynasty, classicism of Courdouan, the impressionism of Boudin, Monet, Sisley, the angel bronze of Rodin, the Triumph of Flora of Carpeaux, the original plaster of the Kiss by Rodin, Boulanger’s works, Trachel, the important set of Felix Ziem and the painting of “hdes” pastels of Jules Chéret, the ceramics of Picasso and the glasswares of Maurice Marinot. This area is a hudge park in an open space.

CIMIEZ


A little history:
The monastery of Cimiez is very important in the history of the place. You’ll find a chapel built in the IXth century, on the ruins of a pagan temple. An ogival church from the XV th century shelters 3 master pieces of Louis Brea that were ordered by the Franciscans to the locals painters between 1475 and 1515.

Today:
Just after boulevard Cimiez, you’ll notice the Villa El Paradisio (1900) at n°24, ordered by the baroness Van Zuylen Nyevelt sieve of Harr, born Rothschild. The National Conservatory of Region was settled there in 1941, while leaving a free access to the park. At n°35, you’ll find Villa of Surany from the Same period. It is from the architect Adam Dettlopf for M Raffaeli. It has an oriental touch in its bows and ceramics. At n°46/48 stands the Alhambra (1901). It has an oriental architecture that was slightly modified for a local adaptation. It is one of the most spectacular construction of Nice. At n° 39, the Riviera Luxury Hotel (1889) by SM Biasini. At n°82, the Winter Luxury Hotel (1900) by Charles Dalmas with a terrace roof.
Also the Exelsior Regina from M Biasini, achieved in 15 month and inaugurated in 1895. Queen Victoria to stay there, then it was the working place of Henri Matisse.

Our favorite addresses
The GARDEN of the MONASTERY of CIMIEZ
You’ll find great peace and harmony in the middle of thousands of flowers.
The GARDEN of the ARENAS of CIMIEZ
It is the place where the Jazz Festival takes place as well as other international events.

CARABACEL


A little history:
It is the roots of the pre indo-european Kar and means THE STONE. Local were getting stones for their constructions in careers at the end of the XIth century. Less than one century ago, it was covered with cress culture and the woodcock was hunted there!
Today, it is a beautiful boulevard in low Cimiez. One finds several interesting buildings: the Mayrargues villa (n°8) is now the Imperial hotel, built around 1880. Lower on the right (n°20/22) rises the Consular Palace of “ La Chambre de Commerce” of Nice and the Alpes-Maritimes. This beautiful building is the work of architect Adrien Rey (1921 to 1923) and is sculpted by Michel of Tarnowsky.

Today:
Boulevard de Cimiez, was created by the local architect Sebastian-Marcel Biasini to join the city to the hudge Excelsior-Regina, overflows with former luxury hotels transformed in hight standard residence. For example, at n°2 the monumental Big Palace (1912). At n°4, the impressive Majestic (1908) with 400 rooms. Or even the Palace of Valencia at n°15

MONT BORON


A little history:
It is undoubtedly the place to be for THE VIEW on “ La Baie des Anges”. The Forest Park of the Mount Boron has 140 acres planted of pine trees of the Alps and is the favourite place of appointment for the “Joggers” and the walkers. It has many lanes and great variety of rare flowers. It also has a great view on “ La Baie des Anges”.

Today:
Sir Elton John bought one of the rare houses there, or should we rather say "Castle". It is in the middle of the pine trees, on a hill.

RAIMBALDI


A little history :
Located around the train station ( Gare SNCF), just below Cimiez, Raimbaldi is an extremely well located residential district, close to all main traffic veins with Rococo Palaces. It was constructed in the half of the XIXth century like the famous Palace Raimbaldi, typical of the “Belle Epoque”.

Today:
A Residential district, close to Avenue Jean Médecin, Nice’s hight street and only a few minutes away from the sea.
Raimbaldi combines the calm of a residential neightbowhood with the vibrations of a lively city!

LIBERATION


A little history :
The neighborhood known as the “Liberation” has experienced a great deal of expansion since the arrival of the railway and the construction of two train stations: the “Nice Ville” train station and the “Sud” train station. The apartment buildings in the neighborhood were constructed at the end of the 19th century and throughout the 20th. There are several buildings worth noting. For example, the “Sainte Jeanne d’Arc” church (1933), a magnificent structure from the Roaring Twenties, is famous for its exceptionally beautiful cupola. The beautiful “Sud” train station was recently classified a historic monument.

Today :
The neighborhood is in renewal. The large new city hall was recently constructed, built in the beautiful architectural style of the “Sud” train station, and soon and the new tramway . It’s important to remember that this neighborhood is located on the commercial axis of the avenue Jean Médecin, just a few minutes by foot from the city center and the sea.

CATHEDRALE RUSSE


A little history:
Zar Alexander II signed with the king of Piedmont an agreement in 1856 granting him the bay of Villefranche on Sea like port for its fleet. The imperial family and the members of the Russian aristocracy started frequenting Nice and its region regularly. To the revolution of 1917, many Russians installed themselves of it. Some of their descendants live there again and shape around the Russian cathedral a very living community. Writers Yvan Bounine, 1st literature Russian Nobel prize, Marc Aldanov, Georges Adamovitch, painters Marc Chagall, Boris Grigorieff, quite endowed their city of adoption of realizations remarkable.

Today:
Situated on the other side of the urban way, beyond the downtown, the district Saint Etienne is exclusively residential. Point of organ of the district, the magnificent Russian church, Boulevard du Tzarevitch, inaugurated in 1912, harmony of pink bricks, clear gray marble and ceramics of quick colors. Crowned of six domes to bulb, it conceals treasures of icons, panelings and frescos. The district overflows with more eccentric palaces the some that the other.